Sunday, November 2, 2008

Just me

My big buddy left about ten minutes ago. Seems as though THIS year is worse for both of us. At least compared to the previous three or four. In two short days the forecast will change. Wednesday morning I KNOW I'll wake up to a candidate who lost even though he won popular/and/or electoral votes; disputed counts of all sorts predicated on, not hanging chards again, but reports of stuffed ballot boxes, voters being abducted while waiting in line to cast support, or Joe the plumber as the write-in Presidential winner who named Sara Palin as his VP. Despite ALL the apprehension, I wouldn't miss voting for anything.

Jess, I liked the premise of YOUR bad movie way more than my own video experience. You told me to avoid M. Night's newest flick but Dad rented it anyway. I applaud his resolve, after one of the BEST endings ever in The Sixth Sense, deciding to take the safe road and provide no conclusion whatsoever in The Happening. At least pissed off rabid-but-undying dogs offer's up lots of potential for exciting endings.

Most of all I applaud the girl with ten classes left to go and FINALLY getting into that long-sought ceramics class. I couldn't be more proud of you. Your resolve, endless work (both at school and the Humane Society) and the fact that you did it ALL yourself while maintaining a GPA other students would hack University computers to claim as their own. You're teetering between Magna and Summa at this point...there's no place higher to go!! I DO question your choice of artists though. Did your chosen subject do craft shows that most of us missed? Starving Artists group? Where'd you FIND him?????

You can tell me all about him Wednesday. I'm planning to get to the farm house around 4 p.m. Dad and I will both be out of your hair early Friday morning. Oh YEAH, we're finally taking the big purple barge back with us.

Not a lot going on. Aunt Pam and Tim will be here Saturday afternoon. I know it'll be great to see them again.

Love to all, Ma

No comments: