Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lookie Lookie!!!

Greetings to one and all!!  I've missed you more than you know, I've also missed this site. I can check on it once in awhile, if I only have a moment, but if I plan on writing, well, Miss Wordy Words, needs some time.

First, mom, either put a poster of Georgie boy outside to scare them off or put out a plate of cookies and make friends. Keep the doors locked. I know it's not ideal. But it beats hiding in the bathroom. Have they been back? Maybe they were just bored and wanted to cause mischief on someone and are done. I hope so. Sean and I will come out and kick ass if needed.

Sean and I have become tutors. John, you are tremendous, underpaid, under appreciated, and all the other stuff said about teachers. Betty is 38 and dropped out of school before she finished 8Th grade. It's been a little hard trying to find out where she is, what she knows and how to teach her what she needs for her GED in a way she can understand it. We've been working on math for the past couple of months and Sean has been great. We were working on the beginning of word problems awhile ago.  The problem dealt with a car going 60 mph for 30 minutes and then 30 mph for 60 minutes, how far did they go? (or something to that affect). She couldn't grasp it. After about 15 minutes we realized she didn't understand that if you're speedometer is glued at 60 for 60 minutes you've gone 60 miles. She didn't know the mph on your car was miles per hour, so no wonder the problem made no sense to her. So we have to figure out what she understands hopefully before we confuse her later on, and find a way to explain it in a more simplified manner. We were going to start on English as well but I think we need to stop for awhile.  I made some flash cards with fractions and percentages hoping this will help. I don't know how to explain that $.25 is 1/4 and .25 and 25%. So hopefully the flash cards will help. 

I have a new label at work.  I did activities Monday.  I was really nervous because I'd never done it or hardly seen it done. Basically in charge of keeping the little people busy and happy. Pretty much I was Julie the cruise director for the day.  I did exercises, fancy nails, some kind of concert with the high school seniors and a couple other little things.  I loved it!! If the girl in charge of Life Enrichment ever leaves, I want that job!  I got paid all day to play. I talked to people, told jokes, screwed up exercises but we got them done and had a ball! I have found my calling! What a freakin job to have. I'm sure that there's more to it, paperwork, scheduling the outside entertainment and making the schedule for the month, but still. Sounds great.

I think I'll end this on a high note and sign off now.  Life is good (at least for now), Obama won and more importantly, Palin did not! Job is okay, I love my husband and he loves me, the kids are all fine (Fig is coughing a bit more but that's to be expected with the heart issue, we just make sure we love him every single day we can) and I just got a phone call from mom that they will be down here for Thanksgiving (I'm not sure if that's good or not yet, still mixed on that one.  Very high maintenance are my parents.) 

So on that note, love to you all, big kisses and hugs!

No comments: