Saturday, September 27, 2008

You're not alone in the world, kidlet

My poor little one...wish I could tell you that life in 30 years will be so much simpler. Today Dad took the sliding door out of the doorwall in the kitchen so that I could (after two years) finally get three coats of paint on the one section of doorwall that I could never reach. WOW, does it ever look wonderful now that it's done. Started raining fairly hard about 8 p.m. so we got the doorwall back together.

Dad spent the day cutting grass, edging, mowing with the hand mower and finally beginning to put summer lawn stuff away (sniff). I made us a fairly elaborate meal from scratch! Other than eggs I don't do 'scratch' during the week. I also have a GREAT start on the remaining 8 feet of mosaic tile backsplash I'd managed to cover up for years.

BEST NEWS YET! Dad made the rubber mold of our slot car and uncorked him about 7:15 p.m. The mold is perfect! He's been out in the garage with the resin, casting our all time first slot car. We don't know what'll happen yet, but we DO appear to have a potential source of new income. I've got to start carving on Zoomy Two. I'm going to finish the tiles in this kitchen before I start anything else. Not that most people would notice, but there's still a bunch of stuff to do on this floor to finish it. It seems like a really positive thing to do to get everything done here so that, economy willing (can WE get a bailout here????), the other house will finally sell and life can finally begin.

Not much other news. We went to TC yesterday with a list we were pretty good about sticking to...no choice. Housepayment week. Had great food at the pub next to Wilson's Antiques. First dinner out in well over a month. Somehow it means more when you don't do it often! Gas is 'down' to $3.83 a gallon. What a treat, eh?

God knows we're not exciting. But at 61, breathing is GOOD! Wore new clothes to TC Jess. Sure does make me feel special and refreshed. You guys hit a homerun on my Birthday!

Love to all of you, Ma

No comments: