Monday, June 16, 2008

Finally Back Again

Wow! Everyone always said I was the chatty Cathy of the family....'ya miss a lot if you disappear for a few days!

Jessica Lauren. Take the job and the opportunity to distance yourself from receiving. If you don't cut your fledgling babies free they'll fall to the ground (along with the nest) because they never learned to fly alone. I know it's more hours but you'll make more money, be more autonomous and maybe have a fresh start with a job you know and love (can't fool ME, I know you love the animals, the knowledge and the work).

Can't trust a plant called nicotanea (sp.??) It'll try to get you addicted then take you down as it secures your trust. Replace it and run while you still have a chance of survival! Ain't I just FULL of advice?

LORI!!! My love! Hope the scavenger hunt didn't enhance any cold case investigations and that the new job remains boring, stays intact, and, most importantly, continues to reward with a paycheck. Boring is good because you don't get attached. I speak from miserable recent experience.

Up until about 15 minutes ago it was still light enough to see the deer in the backyard. I've spent the last few days putting a few annuals and a whole lot of perennials into pots on the back and front deck while listening to Harry Potter in the garage. Thank you so much Cucca. Harry's become one of my on-going bestist friends while I work on this house. Let's just see if I remember which of these pots should be planted in the ground come October.

Still haven't worked the flower beds to include the plants I got during my visit Jess. Got a lot of stuff to move around before planting. The weather is cool enough to be inviting for yard work. That damned wind isn't helping plant survival but we'll work around it somehow.

We had a really nice visit with friends Bob and Karen yesterday. It was, of course, inhanced by the calls from our children. Jason called back a third time regarding fish on the grill. Here's hoping my advice didn't poison he and Steph. Chances are better that they starved to death when the fish fell into the coals.

Lori, we miss you. Write often, even if it's just a note. What's that husband of yours up to? Working on his soon-to-be-published unprintable joke book I'll bet. Much love to each of you.

I'll write more later. Love to all. Ma

No comments: