Monday, June 30, 2008

What an amazing family!!

Truly you are all amazing, but just to be a spectator and read the words you share and the wit, humor and love you share for one another is equally as such.  I am so grateful to be a member of this family if only connected by marriage.  John...Judy, are you quite certain I wasn't an unplanned product of your teenage years and hidden under a picnic table for others to find? I do believe that's what happened.  You are forgiven, but the truth is now out there, forever, for anyone to now know! I am the Shelhass love child. 
On another note, I love my job.  Wow, have I just tempted fate?  Invited bad luck and encouraged karma's wrath?  Phooey, I love it.  I now have a routine set up so I can get all of my three meals done on time.  Am changing things left and right, they don't know how to take me.  Especially when I showed up the first time in my hot pink snood instead of a fuddy duddy hair net.  I'll wear the required lunch lady look, but I refuse to follow the actual lunch lady.  I have changed my menus so the ccho's (diabetics) can have desserts instead of bowls of fruit every day for dessert, which by the way are canned peaches in heavy syrup (explain that one to me).  Yesterday we had homemade apple pie with splenda instead of sugar. We've had chocolate no bake cookies with splenda as well.  Until I am forced to stop because of lab rats keeling over I intend on keeping the feeding frenzy going.  They love it and as you know Jess, I love feeding people, so I love all these people.  I tried to stay unattached, my the inner Lori wouldn't allow it.  Roxy is doing great, thanks for asking and thanks for all the info and pep talk.  You were really there for me and I appreciate it and love you all the more for calming a mother's fears. I have a new car, Sean found me a '77 300D benz for $400.  He's been working on it and has fixed a bunch of things already (oh yeah, it doesn't run), when it finally does run, we will be running used fry oil through it instead of diesel. Go Green!! Actually the truth is that it's cheaper and going green is a byproduct, not really the actual intention.  I wouldn't share that with just anyone, only my close family!  Well, I've bent your ears and corneas long enough, beautiful pictures John,  and Judy, good for you convincing him no buddy holly glasses. Sorry I'd been gone so long but I couldn't find my bookmark to get here.  But I'm back! Love to you all! 

No comments: