Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday's Events

Went to TC again today. Dad got new glasses so be careful what you're trying to hide from him in the future...he can see again. I successfully talked him out of Buddy Holly frames that were too small for his face, among other problems. Couldn't help picturing him on the Vespa with those hideous frames, surrounded by an oversized helmet. He means too much to me to send him out in public that way.

I'm really glad that flu has passed. Poop discussion notwithstanding, it's a nasty business and neither you, Jas or I take those antibiotics with enthusiastic results.

As for my Grand-dog. I've seen her wet, along with the corresponding horror in those loving brown eyes. Just trust my imagination and don't terrorize her further by trying to capture the bathing event on film...there's something about that thought that invites Gil Grissom's investigative skills to understand.

You've always given sports everything you have. I'm not surprised to hear you've developed some good skills, and a desire to win. It's even more fun when your team is underestimated and you can pull off that surprise. Ruptured cockyness is a delight. We don't see it as often as it's warranted.

We're about to take on another task out front. It'll be labor-intensive but we both feel the outcome (assuming we do it RIGHT) will be worth it. Got the "kids' lilacs" moved. They both have some nice root systems developing. Jas doesn't get his until you and Tommy get yours. There's a penalty phase involved. The lilac bed actually looks so very much better with more space available for the four remaining plants.


Wish I knew more about your feelings for the job and how you'd like to distribute your time there. I'll just assume that, as always, you know what's best for you and you're doing it.

Nearly drowned last night trying to soak my neck in epsom salts to reduce the swelling from the unbelievable bug bites. Dad rewarded me afterward by beating me in pinnochle...it's OK. I'm still ahead 78 games to 64. Remaining humble and compliant is the secret to a long marriage. Never forget that advice.

And too, NEVER confuse clever with smart ass. Well, maybe the two are interchangeable.

Love you Jess. I miss you and Tommy VERY much. Be well and take good care of eachother. Ma

No comments: