Monday, June 9, 2008

Welcome....

So I've set this up mostly for my mom and I to communicate and therefore have little need to say much about myself. However, as this IS the world wide web, I suppose I'll tell a little story. I grew up in Plymouth, had a rather normal childhood. I moved out a couple of times, eventually moving out for good when I was about 18. I have an older brother who did the in-n-out thing too, so my parents had a lot of living with their mostly grown up kids. I tried college out and decided it wasn't for me.... until about ten years later. Anyhew.... my parents sold my childhood home and began building their dream home up north, near where my mom had purchased property when she was just a youngster. In the meantime they moved about two minutes from my house and we got to spend a lot of time together, thereby making the final move up north very difficult for my mom. She missed her kids, and even more, she missed her husband who was living down state with my husband and I until he retires, a date which still eludes us. We get up there when we can, but it's never enough. My mom spends a lot of time alone and misses out on our daily lives, something she has never experienced before in our lives. I am truly awful on the phone, so I'm hoping that this will be a way for us to stay in touch, a way for my mom to spend the day with me even if it's to say the day sucked. For now, that's all.... just saying hi to my mom and hopefully some others who we miss a whole lot.

No comments: