Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Alone, at last

John just shifted off to bed. Neither of us could sleep last night. I hit the sack at 3 a.m. and John somewhere around 4 a.m. after a really great evening beginning with a late dinner at a local eatery called the "Cabbage Shed" with eight other people, half of whom were brand new acquaintances. It had been a wonderful visit but we just couldn't get tired.

Lori, the good news is that John (the King of revisionist history, which he groomed Jason to be the standard bearer for this generation) has gone to bed now. He's finally tired. UNFORTUNATELY, after he destroyed my remarkable expose tome to you, I can't seem to reacquire and forward to you as he sleeps...it was an AMAZING revelation concerning your entrance into this particular life and just how Tommy is, in fact, the product of Lou and Elaine (and therefore safe as Jess's husband, our son-in-law and also your brother). John's training in anonymity is so genetically entrenched that he'll deny his link to you, and subsequent accountability, to the end of time. I'll have to send you more covert info as I'm able. Be well, my first born!

As for that Benz....I have two suggestions for naming her, and both are of some importance to me. Elsie Mae was an immoveable, entrenched and dynamic matriach, not always politically (or OTHERWISE) correct, but good luck to anyone who suggested she might be wrong. As long as you agreed with her doctrine you were protected against the world. And if you DISagreed, she could bring the world down on you and crush you like a slug.

My second suggestion: Nellie Mable. Tiny, quiet, unassuming and gentile. But threatening someone she loved turned her into a lethal, predatory huntress, protector of everything she held dear and willing to defend that affection to the death. These two women are Jess's great grandmothers. Sure feel an affinity with each of these ladies. I don't think I'd be the same person without the two of them in my life. For human women, those two names suck. But for the Benz???? Maybe?

Thanks for the wonderful blog and the photos too.

Love forever to both you and Sean, Ma

No comments: