Tuesday, July 15, 2008

blah blah blah

Lori, once upon a time I was the kind of girl who remembered the birthday's of my pets. I remembered the date of the first time a boy asked me out. I remembered not only all of my family members birthdays but also how old I was.... then I met your brother. Somehow, he has sucked my ability to remember ANYTHING as far as dates are concerned. Someone asked me the other day how long I had been married and I wasn't sure what the answer was to that question. Please forgive me that I did not wish you a fond and happy anniversary. I have no excuse for these oversights other than to say that Tom and I must only live for the moment.... god only knows how old we are or when we got married, what day the trash goes out or who scooped the litter boxes last, when we need oil changes or how long ago we adopted Levi.... you get the point. At least I make it to work on time every day and pay my bills on time, although I must admit that during the school year it often takes me ten full minutes to figure out where I'm supposed to be on any given day. Mom, dad, close your eyes.... I blame it fully on whatever I was smoking in high school.

As for my mom and dad.... your son has received his letter and I intend fully on staying on the neutral side of that argument. If we can limit our conversation of him to the following: is he still alive? yes. I'll be happy with that. Can't pick sides and although I know neither of you intend for me to either have to pick or relay messages, I'm not playing those games. If he plans on writing me off then bully to him, screw him. You guys are the only family I have and although Tom seems ok with listening to his nonsense, I am not. I have officially removed myself from the situation. Toilet paper, indeed.

Now, how about those Tigers?

I love you all and I hope the summer is treating you all well. Dad, as usual, your pictures are lovely. There do seem to be a large quantity of turtles on Loon Lake, yes? I hope your super secret project is coming along well and that your art tour is in full, positive, swing. X's and O's, that Jess kid.

No comments: