Thursday, July 31, 2008

JESSICA LIVES!

You have no IDEA how much we've missed YOU!

I sent a blog to Sean and Lori last night about how to get to "Home Racing World" to see our car but Dad will send easier instructions once I'm through blabbing. We've gotten the most wonderful responses from other slot car guys. I'm amazed at being so accepted in an arena I've never even much followed (sounds EXACTLY the same way I found my way into miniatures). And yes, making money is the obvious 'end-run' here, but if you could see Dad's (John's) face at having his own, one of a kind slot car. I designed our second car tonight and he's cut out, marked, and ready to begin carving. Truth is I'm kind of tired and need to put things away for a while. If I don't I'll not only be too worn down to do any of the things we still hope to do but our time will be gone.

Haven't stopped back in to the Vigland Gallery. Susie was only beginning to rearrange art work (far less available this year than when I first invaded her space a year ago) when she took all six of the pieces I offered. She and her potterer husband were extremely supportive of our new photo/drawing/photo/drawing project. She wants them entered into the next juried competition for awards. Jess, you should see Alan Vigland's pottery. You are every bit as competent a thrower as he is, in fact your forms are very compatable. But his GLAZES and their applications! And he's very sharing. If you can make it up here before they close in late October/early November I'm sure he'll take you right into his studio behind the gallery.

As for the genetic heart problem in Dad's family...Bob and Stephanie AND Chuck and Manya each lost a child before their 22nd Birthdays. Two of your Dad's first cousins. That anonymous person with leg problems hasn't done a single thing to alleviate the situation. Stubborn cottonpicker, not feeling too motivated or comfortable with general anesthaesia right now. A hair too much stress.

There's only one thing I'll ever want again as a gift, and it can be pretty expensive. A visit? I don't care where, when or for what duration. Just dying for a visit. I want absolutely NOTHING else. Please visit. PLEASE?

Sadly, both Uncle Shelby AND George Carlin live on in books and memory only...but that "ABZ" book? One of my favorite memories of Aunt Sue. I bought that book for her and it was the first she'd ever gotten, somewhere around age seven. Our parents' were SO nurturing! But then, we DID get Sue to pour "Daddy's favorite scotch" on the floor at Uncle Shelby's recommendation. That book may not have been Vern and Virginia's first choice as reading material. But that IS what you get when you leave your little kid with demonic baby-sitters!

Glad to hear the camping stuff finally found it's way into a campsite. Did Frankie go too?

I bought these turkey bratwurst things a few weeks ago and put them in the freezer. They're good old "Jennie-O's" so I'm trusting they're edible. Well, let's assume someone cooks them before Christmas.

Fred and Kirk are coming here in a few days. Suicide appears to be our only way out. Guess I'll pass on that option. Although entertaining them feels much like Hari Kari. They won't be here long 'tho. They're not used to stud walls and a cement floor. The bed and bath will be scrupulously clean (except for the ear wigs). Don't think they're used to our kind of 'amenities.'

Thanks for blogging Jess. We've missed you horribly.

Love to all of you. Ma

No comments: