Friday, July 11, 2008

Lori, OLA PINGIE????

I didn't realize John had blogged. Here's a clue: He speaks NO foreign language. We don't even want to speculate where he found 'ola pingie'...just in case our hard drive is ever confiscated!

No one wishes more than I do that there is no end to the 'sweetheart' period of a new job. I made it almost six months with the last evaluation given stating that I was "conscientious, hard working and had remarkable attention to detail." Then I walked in to the job I truly needed and was told "you misdirected two interoffice emails. You should have known better. There've been complaints. It's not working." Keep in mind that I was one of five people in the office. If you discount ME I apparently offended half the office with emails I could have printed, folded into airplanes and FLOWN the five feet to the other, complaining, two people.

I'm still raw on this issue and it happened March 26. Keep in mind, Lori, that I was ALWAYS friendly, joking and still professional. Didn't matter. Wish I could go back and actually scream at the SOB's what I was REALLY thinking and feeling. Don't take a back seat to assholes unless you're truly forced by need of that particular job. Well, that's bad advice. Wasn't the reason I WAS so nice because I needed that job??? I'm so sorry. You were so excited about this being a positive step. And I can't find any other employment as perfect for my qualifications as the job that's gone. Seem's as 'tho each of us is so specifically disposed to the types of work we'll be hired to do and actually succeed at in the process.

Jess, we composed our sixth letter in seven days to your brother. This one was typed and rational. The others were hand-written in block letters three inches high with triple underlines. The first five letters are on top of the shredder. We mailed the new one today. ALSO TODAY! Gassed up the always-hungry Gypsy, loaded the kayaks on top and spent the afternoon floating on Loon Lake. We're sunburned and I'm a little "upper-body challenged" after I realized that the same lovely wind that helped propel me across the water would fight me all the way back to the loading dock. Tomorrow, TC again. Sunday we'll try the beach at Point Betsie.

Next week: more secret stuff.

Jess, I misread the Ritchie Rich question. I would design the most OUTRAGEOUSLY INTENSE landscaping around this entire house anyone had EVER conceived and hire 75 contractors to do it all exactly to my specifications! Then I'd go to NY and spend anything I wanted on a whole new wardrobe. I'd finish the lower level the same way millionaires might consider. Notice I never mentioned hiring contractors to get even with any number of deserving people! They wouldn't let me wear my new NY clothes in prison. And jail cells probably don't get the same cross-ventilation we do here.

Love to you guys. Every day and night. Ma

No comments: