Friday, July 25, 2008

Be careful what you ask for!

Don't you see the Shellhaas 'fatal flaw'??? All we need to hear is that someone we love needs something and, by GOD, we're there!!! Monsters are bred from such "care."

However. Send ME that fermented bread. I'll find a use for it. Can picture myself, loaf under my shirt, sneaking downstairs and out the doors where no one on this planet will see me with my contraband. I might even start eating bread early in the morning. A sure sign of denegration. Is there a twelve-step program for bread addiction? And too. I've never liked bread in my life and just about everyone knows it. Actually, a perfect cover for my new addiction! Skip the bread and bring yourself. There's an addiction I'd cultivate!

If I don't get some real food tomorrow Tigger's rubbing and Pooh in my lap may trigger a meat response they didn't anticipate from "Mom". Little house looked so good today just before we left that we took tons of pix to create our own flyer to give to the realtor. Truth be told, she's not as good as the one we don't speak to anymore. But John's fabulous with flyers and the place looks like we love it again. Still not done, but I'd want to see more if I pulled in the drive. Anyway, from Tuesday through today the only food we've had are my picnic lunches over there. The mainstay of each of those 'party fares' was a different sandwich each day. I NEED MEAT! Damn it, bring on the BEAR!

Sean, the closest I've seen John get to critter anhilation is when he runs out the back deck waving his arms and screaming "oogie woogie" at a squirrel in his garden. The cats are scared shitless and the invaders continue grazing. Got to admit I'm kinda glad the neighbors are all far away and can't see my straight-laced husband in action.

I worked on John's slot car body until 5 a.m. I'm having fun with it and he's excited. I've named it "zoom-zoom", a fervent hope for it's future beyond the wood I'm carving.

Kind of winding down. Only had about four hour's sleep and tomorrow we've got to go to TC late afternoon to "rescue" our friend Janie after her show. She doesn't really need us to pack up but maybe just getting out of Frankfort isn't a bad thing for an afternoon.

Jess? You out there somewhere? No sunflowers planted ANYwhere. Just corn for as far as the eye can see, in various stages of potential cultivation. It's sad but everyone needs whatever financial salvation they can find. Speaking of which, I filled the Jeep up today at $3.88 a gallon. Who'd guess anyone would be doing cartwheels over that price?

Lots of love, Ma

No comments: