Monday, July 28, 2008

Thanks Lori. Talking to empty cyberspace is scarey!

First of all tell Sean that I can carve ANYTHING. Whether it resembles a Porsche or a Dachund will always be in question. Is Sean taking up the slot car staff and running with it?

Good for you, the overtime, and finding things to enjoy about your job. For me it was the job itself. I loved all the local information (as an outsider I was learning A LOT!) and just the hours and the work itself. Most of the time I was excited about going to work. The people I worked with were the Webster's definition of dysfunctional. Let me take that back. I think the "D" word that really works for them is deceptive. You can't be truly dysfunctional if you can close ranks so effectively when you choose to do so. But I truly enjoyed the actual job. The hours were perfect and I could go downstate on weekends if I wanted to, even staying until Tuesday to come home. Oh well. There truly isn't anything else up here I can apply for...standing on concrete all day just won't work. But I'd make one helluva McDonald's employe...I can count to two.

John and I have been keeping busy. He's been cutting wood battens from several deer blinds on our property (and, with permission, on the neighbor's property) into frame strips for my artwork. Lori, that wood is all oak but the weathering is spectacular. Even if we could find frames using wood like this they'd cost as much as this house. Another true bonus was the orchard ladder leaning against one the blinds. There was one just like it at an antique store in town. It sold before we could park and check the price tag. Can't park anywhere right now. Damned tourists! John endlessly points out that we were once them...we were NEVER so obnoxious as space invaders.

I've been working on the slot car for a week now and, if my filler ever dries tonight, I can finish all the detail work once the wheel wells are sanded. John posted 'in progress' pix last week and a few guys have sent some nice responses.

We've still got some serious work to finish at the trailer but we got finished photos last Friday and made a really cool two page flier with glowing text accompanying last night. Our friend Janey took us to the Cabbage Shed restaurant for wine and a steak dinner last night too. Really nice.

Believe it or not, with nearly perfect weather here, I don't even go outside much. I could carve out there. Don't know what's wrong with me. Guess I just like sawdust, wood chunks and debris all over my family room carpet. Got to admit, the neighbors don't have anything quite as unique in their homes.

Wish I had some exciting news. That lamb sounds great and gnaw I would, given the chance. John and I have been jonesing for tacos and that's tomorrow. I'll try to come up with something marvelously creative next time...even if I have to lie!

Love to all, every day and always, Ma

No comments: