Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hidey ho

Hello all... papa, I have emailed the seller of the personal shopper item and was told that that item was shipped to the correct address. I've sent it to Amazon and they'll probably refund our money. I think it prudent to pay full price and get a copy from Amazon or the bookstore.... let me know if you want me to order a copy from the world's largest online bookstore and I shall. I'll get your money to you as soon as the issue is resolved....

That aside... how are y'all? The front yard is flooded, soon I will need to build an ark. I'm on the lookout for a llama and a giraffe or two, so if anyone has any leads on these types of animals, let me know.

I hate my job. Nothing new there. Was encouraged by one of our old vets to just take the plunge and get out while I'm still young.... and relatively sane. She claims it takes approximately three months for the ulcers to go away and then you just enter a stage of euphoria and can't quit smiling. And she was only at the shelter for three years! Imagine how it would feel after eight!

That being said, I have been thinking about a conversation dad and I had about art therapy. I looked into it and if I take psychology as a minor and jump right into grad work in occupational therapy, there are tons of job out there for art therapists. I would need to be certified, but I can do that while working on grad studies. Just food for thought. It would be so fulfilling to work with autistic children using art methods. Or Alzheimer's patients. Would fill the obvious need I have to hug trees and help people without dealing with nonprofit politics. Plus, there are programs at both St Joe's and U of M hospitals. This could mean great pay and AWESOME benefits.

That's my story for now. I found a position at an art center in Kalamazoo for an entry level art assistant starting at $27,000 a year. That's not TOO far is it? Hmm.... what is there in Kalamazoo for Tom to do? It's closer to Frankfort..... just kidding, we're not moving to K-Zoo, but would it be so bad?????

I love you!

No comments: