Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cheesy bufflehump and her stringy kids

First and foremost I have to say that your "senior's breakfast special" post was sheer genious, Lori. Utter fabulousness. Thank you for that bit of giggle inducing writing... it was heartily enjoyed. I'm sorry that you're stuck in the middle of two year olds at work.... how dare you speak to the residents and how could you expect the kitchen equipment to be more than sub-standard? Silly woman, just who do you think you are?

Tommy and I had a great dinner with the Van parents last night. I heard a rumor that one miss Lorinda Flanagan may just be riding a scooter to work, is this true? Don't let my dad get his hands on this scooter as he may hold you at gunpoint to steal it from you. Is this the scooter from Craigslist? You're so cool lady, i wanna scooter to take to work!

Mom, I HOPE and HOPE and HOPE that the stained glass piece sells. As much as i love it, it would be a major boost to your income and could save my parents from ruin. Plus, it's wicked cool and it would be awesome to think of someone giving it a place of honor in their home after spending money on it, not because the artist gave it to them. Even if that artist is their mom. Maybe if it doesn't sell, someday I'll make seomthing so cool that it would be worthy of a trade. Until then, make it available to the masses, it's too beautiful not to try. Dad, could you take a picture of it so Lori could see it? It's from the stained glass days and is just about the coolest piece I've ever seen. I do have to admit, though, I am curious what you'd come up with all these years later.... a new and improved version for the year 2008.... hmmm, something to think about.

So school's starting again. I didn't really think about it in a way that would make it real until you told me you were coming home soon dad. School schmool. Yuck. I've already spent about three hundred dollars on parking pass and books.... haven't even started buying supplies for the art classes yet. Bastards. I did finally get my bill for Fall, though, and am happily surprised to learn that my loan will cover it. I got less this year so I had a bit of a panic after registration, even though I still have plenty of time to drop a class if I can't afford them all. Good old Sallie Mae came through once more. Gotta love the Federal Government and their willingness to put young people in debt.

I borrowed the latest Harry Pooter from ma Van and am happily reading my way through it today. Tom's working on the Jeep and I have a huge cup o' joe at my side as I read the final installment of Harry's adventures. So far, it's a good one and I heard that the new movie is coming out this Fall.... I don't care what anyone says, I love Mr. Potter and his companions.

So, clearly, there's not much going on here but I wanted to drop in and say hello to all. Lori, keep your chin up. You are a Queen in the kitchen and when I stick my parents in an old folks home, it is you I would want cooking for them, no doubt. Oh yeah, have no allusions about it ma and pa, you're going to a home and it won't be mine. Just so you know. Heh, heh, heh.

And after that last comment, I was wondering if you'd be bringing any produce home with you dad? Cause although I might not be willing to care for you once you're incoherent, I certainly am a good daughter right now, right? I like eggplant and tomatoes. A lot. Just so you know.

Peace out tree huggers, live long and prosper.

No comments: