Friday, August 1, 2008

Welcome again, daughter of mine!

We spent the day in TC and little car has a new set of shoes. I had VIRTUALLY no idea Dad was running on total slicks. He said he wanted a 'timing belt'. Expensive and necessary but still 5,000 miles away. If I'd had ANY idea he was driving here last winter with no tread whatsoever I wouldn't have given him enough 'allowance' to even make the trip. I worry enough about his safety. Guess it's better to see the potential trouble as hindsight. Dad is a dummy. You have him more of each nine months than I do, so start kicking him in the butt, OK? Honestly, the rubber was completely flush on the rear tires. Horrifying.

As for our slot car project, we're having fun and plan to make car bodies for sale. Zoom-Zoom is a cutie, isn't he? We still have to order our rubber mold and resin materials, but Dad is going to ask somewhere between $29-39 per body. Contributing to ANY project important to your Dad is overdue by decades. Our second car is already cut out as a block and ready to start carving. I'll start the next one when Dad has to leave.

Hey baby sportswoman! Not a bad record for a one-eyed girl! I can get away with that because I'm not allowed any other allusion to the problem! I've told you so many times, you enjoy sports as much as I did, when I could move! Your Dad finally "suggested" it was time to see the doctor about my problem. He's been wonderfully NOT aggressive about my reluctance. I truly need some help here. This summer has seen the problem worsen badly. When you and I sent to the Mall I realized I was in serious trouble. I was actually afraid I wouldn't be able to drive back up here my right leg was so dysfunctional.

OK. Birthday. Can you find a pair of sweat pants with a high, elastic waist and long legs in a small, navy blue? Trust me. It'll take at LEAST the three remaining weeks before school starts to find such an animal. Either the legs have elastic at the ankles, the waist is too low or the waist has only a draw string. Or they turn into floods after the first wearing. Then they turn into bermuda shorts after the first washing.

MOSQUITOES: Here's the recipe I've had for years, and I bought the detergent which I'll send down with Dad ('cause it takes so little and I've got SO much). Put some water in a white dinner plate and add a couple drops of Lemon Fresh Joy dish detergent. Set the dish on your porch, patio, or other outdoor area. Not sure what attracts them, the lemon smell, the white plate color, or what, but mosquitoes flock to it, and drop dead shortly after drinking the Lemon Fresh Joh/water mixture, and usually within about 10 feet of the plate. Try it, it works great.

Can't WAIT to see you Jess. I feel so much better just after your blog last night that I actually slept through the night for the first time in weeks. Dad and I have had a particularly difficult time this summer. He could still use a really good sleep.

Love to all of you. ALWAYS. Ma

No comments: