Monday, August 11, 2008

Greetings one and all!!

Sorry I have been out of touch.  Worked some weird hours last week and it takes awhile for the now weary bones to realize I'm not 20 anymore and can't just jump up and do anymore. I'm not anywhere close to 61 at least! 

Am off today and tomorrow, so it's catch up time. Laundry on line, bills paid, house relatively picked up. As for the drop in guests vs. the invited...anyone's welcome anytime. If you stop in unannounced, be prepared for dishes in the sink (if Sean made it that far with his), overflowing ashtrays, the occasional piece of clothing left where it was taken off. If you're fine with it, sit and visit.  If you're not, either leave or clean. That said, my house is done and I'm fine with it.

Sean is still working on the yet unnamed car. She had quite a few over the weekend as he tried to take the starter out to clean it and she tried to squish him like a bug, but they are by all means not well spoken in mixed company. Starter is out, cleaned and back in.  Today he buys a battery.  After that, I have no idea.  I tell him we can sell it for scrap, we don't have that much money in it, lots of blood and tears equity (his) but could get our money back if he doesn't think it'll move forward with what he's done so far.  I hate hearing the frustration in his voice and I can't do anything about it. I think he would see it as admitting defeat and that he failed and yet another project that he didn't complete. He's too hard on himself. Even if you don't complete something, yet you tried, is good. Do you not agree? So I don't know where the car stands as of right now other than parked downstairs. I am so proud of everything he's done so far.

Speaking of being proud, love the slot car! I am amazed and love all the wonderful things people said about it. I definitely want to see pictures when it's complete.

Nothing much going on here. I'm making some quilt blocks for a fair we're having at work.  The idea is for people to make a donation and they can sign the block in memory of to raise money for Alzheimer's. Only have a limited amount of time and tonight we're going picnicking with some people Sean does a lot of work for at Look Rock (where we went when you were here Jess) so I best get to ironing and cutting fabric and hopefully I'll get my blocks sewn tomorrow. It's a super easy design so it should be no problem.

Love to all, will write again soon!

No comments: