Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Even more good news

Dad just left to get the remaining four or five windows. There are over 40 windows here...enough to build our greenhouse. This is so exciting. Great things don't happen to us, EVER! The windows were FREEEEE!

And guess what else? I'm entering the fourth juried art exhibit/competition through the Crystal Lake Art Center in Frankfort. First prize is $1,000, second is $500 and there are other assorted awards totaling another $500. Even 'tho the competition is open to Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau and Manistee counties, I have a good feeling about doing this. Gonna go ask Susie Vigland which of the new pieces she recommends entering. I can enter two pieces.

Jess and Tommy, if you could get here on Friday night (that would be someone's 61st birthday...YIKES!) I would be the happiest camper in all of the North country.

I'll see if Dad can scan our flyer and send it to you. He's my photo guru (and pretty successful best friend too). The last two nights when we were finally alone, with our cigarettes and peace we'd whisper to eachother, questioning how well we each thought we'd pulled that day off. We did damned well, considering I'd rather have hosted George W. than the guests we had.

Congrats on the hair kid. I found someone good AND cheap four miles from home. Time to go see her again.

Got to go measure the windows and see how many of which size we have. The graph paper is already out.

Love, love and more of the same, Ma

No comments: